Search This Blog

Friday 24 February 2017

I Wrote JAMB 12 Times Before OAU

I Wrote JAMB 12 Times Before OAU Eventually Gave Me Admission-Student Recalls His Ordeal


A student of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife, Kazeem Olajide Bashir has revealed how his repetitive and determined process of sitting for Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for a dozen time eventually yielded positive effort.





Bashir, in an interview disclosed that he started sitting for UTME, picking OAU as his first choice since 2004 and he usually score far above 200 but never secured the admission. He explained that his humble background and flair for social justice spurred him to stay focused on trying again and again and that the institution was his dream school since his secondary school days.
This dream was almost dashed after he tried gaining admission into the institution for over 8 times without success. After the 2012 UTME, he became discouraged but people around him encouraged him not to give up on his dreams.

ALSO READ: JAMB Clears Speculation On 2017 UTME, CBT To Hold In May

ALSO READ: JAMB Registrar Speaks More About 2017 UTME Exam-To Commence Sales Of Form Within The Next Two Weeks

“Sincerely, my case is pathetic, I went through a chronic psychological trauma in my quest for gown and wig at OAU. I almost lost my mind, but for constant encouragement from many of my friends and relatives. The moral supports from my immediate family, especially my father gave me the requisite impetus to move on till I attained success.
”I have been scoring over 200 in the UTME since 2004, with good grades in the Post-UTME too, although there is no time I ever meet up with the cut-off marks, but there are other candidates who were admitted even with scores lower than mine. For instance, I had 245 in 2015 UTME, and got over 50 per cent in the Post-UTME, but unfortunately, I could not make the supplementary list.

“Despite the trauma, I remained focused and determined. I had the conviction that if I don’t quit, I will win one day,” Bashir said with pride that he eventually won.
To See More JAMB Posts Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment